How can an adult with mental illness find housing?

Options for housing include rent subsidies or supervised apartments or group housing (Securing-Stable-Housing).

Unfortunately, housing for low-income individuals with mental illness is in very short supply and waiting lists can be very long, so it is helpful to apply as early as possible.

For help in finding housing in the Bucks County Area:

  • Housing Link –one number to call within Bucks County for those experiencing a housing crisis 1-800-810-4434
  • Section 8 applications  Levittown office: 215-945-6110
  • Apply for complexes owned and managed by Housing Authority at their Doylestown Office: 215-348-9469
  • Penndel’s PATH Program – Projects in Assistance in the Transition from Homelessness 215-750-9643 www.penndelmhc.org
  • Bucks County Housing Group (Shared Housing & Apt Locator Website) – 215-598-3566 www.bchg.org
  • Family Service Association of Bucks County Homeless Shelter:215-949-1727 www.fsabc.or
  • Valley Youth House Shelter + Synergy Project 215-442-9760 Synergy Project (215-990-3962) www.valleyyouthhouse.org
  • Habitat for Humanity (if home ownership could be an option) 215-822-2812 www.habitatbucks.org

CSP Homelessness Survival Guide  Homelessness Survival Guide – Electronic Version – Final