NEW LEVITTOWN SUPPORT GROUP ADDED!
We are pleased to announce the addition of a new NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group location: Levittown, PA! Our first meeting will be held on Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 3pm at the United Christian Church of Levittown. This FREE peer support group will meet regularly on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month. All are welcome!
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
– See the individual first, not the illness
– Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
– Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
– Aim for better coping skills
– Find strength in sharing experiences
– Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
– Not judge anyone’s pain
– Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
– Embrace humor as healthy
– Accept that we cannot solve every problem
– Work for a better future in a realistic way
When? 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month
Where? United Christian Church – 8525 New Falls Road, Levittown, PA 19054
Yardley Meetings (Some navigation says Morrisville)
When? 1st, 2nd and 3rd Mondays of the month at 3:00pm
Where? Makefield Executive Quarters – 301 Oxford Valley Rd, Suite 1001A, Yardley, PA 19067
When? Every Tuesday at 6:30pm
Where? NAMI Conference Room – 600 Louis Drive, Suite 106, Warminster, PA 18974
More details here.