NAMI Family Support Group Comes to Penndel, PA
Our commitment to building better lives for everyone in Bucks County affected by mental health conditions means consistently improving ease of access to our NAMI Support Groups. We are proud to partner with Reach Out Foundation of Bucks County to offer our NAMI Family Support Group at their office in Penndel beginning on August 21, 2019 from 6:30 to 8pm.
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
• Free of cost to participants
• Designed for adult loved ones (18+) of individuals living with mental illness
• Led by family members of individuals living with mental illness
• Meets weekly or monthly
• No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard, and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit through other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and learn now to identify local resources and how to use them.
NAMI Family Support Group will help you:
• See the individual first, not the illness
• Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
• Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
• Aim for better coping skills
• Find strength in sharing experiences
• Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
• Not judge anyone’s pain
• Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
• Embrace humor as healthy
• Accept that we cannot solve every problem
• Work for a better future in a realistic way
New group, begins Wednesday, August 21, 2019
When? 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 6:30 – 8pm
Where? Reach Out Foundation – 152 Monroe Avenue, Penndel, PA 19047
When? 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month from 7:30 – 9pm
Where? Community Crossing Church – 80 Silver Lake Rd, Newtown, PA 18940
When? 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month from 7:00 – 8:30pm
Where? NAMI Office – 1432 Easton Road, Suite 2D, Warrington, PA 18976