Make A Difference. Share Your Story With Students.
Thank you for your interest in sharing your story of recovery with teens through the NAMI Ending the Silence program. Ending the Silence (ETS) is an engaging presentation that helps audience members learn about the warning signs of mental health conditions and what steps to take if you or a loved one are showing symptoms of a mental illness. NAMI Ending the Silence presentations include a lead presenter who shares an informative presentation and a young adult with a mental health condition who shares their journey of recovery. Click here to learn more about the program.
To begin the process of becoming a speaker, please complete the application below or download the application, complete and return to the program director, Laurie Pepe. It is important that you understand the job requirements before applying:
- Willingness and capability to undergo an intensive ETS training process
- Agree to maintaining fidelity of the NAMI ETS presentation model at all times
- Make a commitment to being available to perform at least two presentations per month for at least two school years
- Agree to report presentation data, as required by NAMI, after each presentation
- Willingness to serve as a representative of NAMI Bucks County PA
- Is (or willing to become) a member of NAMI
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years of age